Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chew #12 Review

Chew #12 is here!!!
Ah back into the world of a raging cibopath!


I must say, I am slightly disappointed. I really liked issue #11 and was waiting to see what happened with Chu and his love interest. But was let down kind of with Chew #12.  I liked the overall story but I'm very impatient and I dislike "filler" issues that are used by storytellers to keep us interested as they move from point A to point B. Unfortunately this issue falls into that category.The issue is short (before I knew it the whole thing was over!) and concise--it offers a very tantalizing cliff-hanger but I was less excited and more irritated because the story that was wasted on #12 needn't really exist... an open-and-shut story involving Tony without really telling us anything more about Tony or the story beyond the last page of the issue which leaves a HUGE cliff hanger. 

On top of this, despite the filler-story format, it was a whole lot less gory than usual. I just really feel that the author kind of piddled out on this issue and the artist followed suit. Granted there is an awesome scene with a demon chicken but with what I've come to expect I feel let down. No bueno.

Forgive me for feeling slightly miffed. I feel let down and irritated because in order to get a real story I have to wait until next month. LAME!

I eagerly await the next issue, which I hope is more satisfying than this one. I feel like a fat kid who has been forced to eat rice cakes. No good.

No comments:

Post a Comment