Monday, September 20, 2010

Assassin's Creed 2: A Geek Love Story

Lets let it all hang out. I am going to tell you something that shall shock you, ladies and gentlemen.

I.......am a dork.

Not only am I dork in my spare time but I am also in the process of earning a bachelor's degree in being a dork in order to obtain a master's degree in being a dork thereby cementing a prospective profession in being a dork.

yummy. brain food.
So. Shockingly, I absolutely positively adore the Assassin's Creed games.

Assasin's Creed 2 takes place roughly 200 years after the first game...circa 1480s; the main character (a later descendant of the character Altair in the previous game set during the 3rd crusade period in Palestine---circa 1180s AD) and still ancestor of Desmond Miles is Ezio Auditore, a Florentine nobleman.

Ok. So let me say this as simply as I can.

Buy this game. Go home. Take 3 days off work and school. Stock up on cheezits and diet coke. Don't go outside. Pee in a cup.

Oh Ezio
The game is that good.

I. love. this game.

Lots of tasks. Find stuff. Kill stuff. Conspiracy. Murder. Flying guys in cool clothes. Weapons. Masks. Ladies. Popes. Oh. Yeah.

On top of that?

Historically. Accurate. let me say that again. ITS HISTORICALLY ACCURATE.

You are actually in Florence, Venice, and Tuscany. It makes me tingly! You meet (perfectly gay, btw) Leonardo Da Vinci. Seriously.

A vast improvement in style, control and task orientation from the first game, which was also incredibly entertaining.  Tons of stuff to do, you're never bored or stuck doing something inane constantly. You also feel thoroughly immersed and the AI is almost perfect.

I can't wait until the newest one comes out. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment