Friday, September 17, 2010

True Blood Season Three: Thoughts of a Vampire Freak


Yes.

No favorite friday today because I've got a bone to pick.

Okay as I'm sure it has become blatantly obvious (unless you're blind, deaf or just have been ignoring me when we're around each other which is really mean btw) I like vampires. 

So. Please excuse my ranting for the next few pages--if anything it may amuse you.

So. WHAPOW! Season 3 of True Blood.

One word to describe this season...........different.

I've always been very clear with...well...anyone who would listen really....that vampires are not whimpy emo kids full of drama and glitter. They are real (well. not really ) creatures with actual feelings, most of them involving a desire to suck attractive people dry all the while having perfect hair and hopefully kicking some butt whilst doing it.

That being said, I'm not inferring that True Blood does not satisfy that description. However. I can't help but feel slightly robbed by this past season......particularlly the finale.

 I feel like I just got Sopranoed. Like the episode ends and......credits.

dot dot dot.....

Seriously? There's like 20 different things going on and there is no resolution? I mean....nothing? And you with your slow camera slides to creepy props lying nonchalantly on the floor .....or your mysterious (and gaudy...geesh) disappearance of main characters.....PSHT! LAME! Riding off into the sunset...metaphorically, still vampires people...of characters without saying where they'll go. I realize that a cliff hanger was inevitable and that there was sure to be drama in there somewhere (vampires and skanks and murderers oh my!) and I'm not saying that I wanted 100% of the show to be wrapped up tight with a bow...but....I just feel...

I feel like I didn't get enough to eat at dinner. And I'm like....mad that my sister took 3 rolls instead of 2. That's how I feel. And I want that roll!

....I want to be the prop master on that shoot
It's not really excitement for next season since I know I'll have wait until next YEAR to see the new season. Which is not cool, btw HBO....not cool. And its not like I won't watch the season next year, because I will. 

I mean, I wanna know what happens but I'm really just full of pissed right now. Because of the stupidity of the ending. Seriously.

As far as the season as a whole goes, I'll reiterate here: it was different. Not bad different....not good different. Just.....like your mom changed the recipe to the Thanksgiving Stuffing she's made every year and you've yet to decide if you liked it or not. I can't help but feel like there is something amiss, that the show took on too much at once and something got lost along the way. While I thoroughly enjoy the press that the show has been getting (as a freakishly obsessed individual I like it when my obsessions are jusitified, if not made completely normal by popularity....like furbies and/or beanie babies.....don't judge me), I feel that the show has lost some of its zip in efforts to gain a broad audience and outdo itself.  Again. For the most part I like the direction the show has been going in (though it has officially gotten waaaaaay off track from the novels...I'm sure Charlaine Harris is all pissy that the show is better than her books...), especially with introducing new characters and embellishing events to make a better television experience. 

It's just ..... someone messed with my Thanksgiving Stuffing! And I don't know whether I want seconds or if I just want to keep eating it until I like it. Or (sad music) say...no seconds for me thanks.... :(

I don't know. Maybe I'm just pissed about the finale. I'll let you know later.

Anyway. Have a lovely day!

5 comments:

  1. Well as far as Seasons go, it was WAY better than season two. All that stuff with Maryanne (which if you read the books, she has like three pages where she's even freakin' mentioned) managed to confuse practically everyone. Every episode was filled with "how much sex, blood, and violence can we fit into an hour" without much of it making sense.

    That being said, I agree with you. I do feel slightly disappointed in Season Three. Maybe it's my slight fangirl obsession with Eric (from the books) and the desire to see Bill's pale and brooding head chopped off... sorry I got off track. Yeah, I was a little disappointed in the season as a whole and the finale was annoying in it's many loose endings.

    I agree that the show has gone insanely off track, sometimes good (I adored Russell and his jar o' Talbot and of course I love Jessica) and bad (screw Maryanne and where the fuck is Claude!!!!).

    I guess I'll reserve judgement until the next season.

    Speaking of obessions, are you going to see Harry Potter at the premier?

    -Samee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt it that I'll go to the premier. I may or may not see it in theaters. Did you hear that J.K. Rowling may be releasing more harry potter books?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't hear that she was releasing more books. But thinking about it, what else could she write? Voldemort's dead, which would make anything after his death quite boring for a book.

    Of course, my obsessivness with the series makes in nearly impossible for me NOT to go to the premier. Plus there is a nifty new IMAX theatre right down the street from me.

    -Samee

    ReplyDelete
  4. you'd be surprised how fast people can pull big fat sequels out of nowhere

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that's true. Of course I'll read it if she does come out with more books.

    -Samee

    ReplyDelete